Don’t let people tell you that selling a house, especially quickly, is an easy thing. There is a process involved to sell your house and to sell it the right way. Wouldn’t it be nice if all we had to do was publish our house, meet a potential buyer, negotiate, sell the house? Unfortunately, it doesn’t work that way. Here is a checklist which should improve the swiftness of getting your house on the market and sold faster then you expected:
1. Do you want to have an agent to sell your house or would you rather do it yourself? Sure there are fees and commissions involved if you use an agent, but oyu may decide its worth it. An agent will carry out all the business of your home in correlation of your checklist. But, if you decide you want to do it yourself, it will cost you effort and time, but save you bucks.
2. Be an informed seller and you will have to communicate. This is all tied in with your promotion strategy. Don’t forget to use the media, such as the newspaper, web, or add in local magazine.
3. Have you done prep work on the house itself? Don’t forget this, or else your house will have a tough time selling. How’s the house interior and exterior. Does it need repairing or painting? How are the appliances in the home? You might have to decide if you are going to pay a professional to do pre-listing house inspection if not.
4. Sell all of your unnecessary furniture or appliances.
5. Now comes the big one that one’s don’t want to face sometimes: Getting familiar with financing terms, like mortgage financing. What is fixed, adjustable, seller financing, assumable loans, pre-qualified, pre-approved, commitment. Know your terms!
6. Another one that people sometimes hate: Negotiation. Are you up-to-speed on contract, offer, deal, etc. You should learn how to do offer approaching and the legal transaction process.
7. Learn to know what you can improve and what cannot be improved or fixed in your house. You can improve interior, exterior, but you cannot improve the location of the house, or the style of the build.
8. Will you providing a home warranty to your house?
9. Decide what you will do at the closing and settlement to the buyer.
10. Lastly, have you made moving plans? Decide on the cheapest moving company.
Hopefully, this checklist will provide some help for you to sell your house quickly, but as you can see, there are several things you cannot look over when selling your house. Now, if you decide to pay a reality agent to organize all these things, just let them carry it out, and your involvement in this home selling process will decrease.