Knoxville Bankruptcy Attorney
Serving Clients Throughout All of East Tennessee
If you can no longer afford the monthly payments on your bills such as credit card payments, medical bills, loans, etc. please call our office at (865) 328-7993 so we can get you into our office to speak with an attorney at a free appointment to see about filing a Chapter 13 or a Chapter 7. Bankruptcy will stop garnishments, repossessions, and lawsuits.
If you can file a Chapter 13 bankruptcy, unsecured debts can sometimes be paid less than 100% depending on the circumstances in your case. Car loan payments can be reduced and past-due home loan payments can be repaid over time.
Other benefits of Chapter 13 bankruptcy include:
- You can repay your debts over a longer period
- The court might require you to pay less than what is owed
- You can keep your assets as you repay your debts
- Stops creditor harassment
- Delay or avoid home foreclosure
- Prevent repossession of your property
If you can file a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you can get rid of some or all unsecured debts, can surrender items that are secured such as autos, and avoid liens on pledged household goods and keep the household goods. Contact our experinced attrneys today to discuss your situation and devise a custom legal strategy to protect your best interests.
Other benefits of Chapter 7 bankruptcy include:
- Wipe out credit card bills, utility bills, advances on paychecks, and personal signature loans
- Obtain debt relief relatively quickly, sometimes in as little as three months
- You can keep assets that qualify as “exempt”
- You won't have to make monthly payments to a trustee
To request your free case consultation with our law firm, give us a call today at (865) 328-7993.