8 Ways to Stress Less In Bankrutpcy
We all feel stress at one time or another. Especially when we are considering filing for bankruptcy or are having financial problems. In fact 34% of people say that their top source of stress is their job. Other sources of stress include money 30% and health issues 17%. While some people freak out at the smallest thing, others stay cool regardless of the severity of the event. Here are some ways to keep your head when stress puts you in a panic.
- Exercise– regular moderate exercise has been shown to reduce stress and make us more resistant to it.
- Have fun– people who participate in sports or other leisure activities have lower blood pressure and cortisol levels.
- Choose your reaction– in every situation, we have a choice: We can let the stress consume us or we can see it as a new challenge and focus on the positive. It’s best for our health and sanity to choose the latter.
- Relax wisely– Instead of spacing out in front of the TV, go for a walk, do yoga or dance in your living room.
- Sleep-Try to get 7-8 hours of sleep a night. If this isn’t possible, take a 10 minute nap during the day; any longer can disturb your sleep cycle.
- Breathe– In times of stress, we tend to take quick, shallow breaths. Try to focus on your breath and take longer, deeper breaths.
- Worry…but only for 10 minutes– Set a timer and give yourself a limited time to worry. Think of all the possible outcomes of a situation. Once the timer goes off, let it go and visualize the positive.
- Put things into perspective– Sometimes the things that we stress over the most won’t matter in 5 years. Think about the big picture to help you turn mountains back into molehills.
We as bankruptcy attorneys want to help with your stress involving your money problems. If you need help then we will be here.